Hard drives crash. Viruses attack. Important documents get lost.
From Home Offices to Small Businesses and Corporations, the essential task of personal computer and server backups can be an expensive and challenging endeavor. To meet this need, Sites Computer Resources, Inc. offers affordable and secure online backup solutions that are simple to implement, utilize and manage, and work exceptionally well in corporate environments as well as home offices. We can quickly install this on any PC, laptop or server running Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2011, Server 2012 or Mac running at least OS X 10.4. With our managed backup solutions we will then monitor your backup results and in the unlikely event that we see a problem with the execution of the backup, we will either alert you or remotely connect to your computer if authorized and resolve the problem. Also, notification of backup results by daily e-mail is available if desired.
Our backup solutions are fast, affordable and secure. After the initial backup, only new or changed portions of files are backed up, saving bandwidth and ensuring future backups are lightning fast. They can be executed on a schedule at night or right after any file changes are detected, the choice is yours. Also, the number of desktop computers and laptops you choose to backup has no impact on the price; only the total backup space required determines your price per month with the single exception that within our managed backup solution the backup of any Windows servers is an additional $5 per month for all servers—whether it's one server or five servers, it's just an additional $5 for all. Finally, our backup solutions are extremely secure. Your data is encrypted locally with military-grade encryption prior to transfer via a secure SSL connection (The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.) and is stored on servers located in a data center protected by gated perimeter access. It is compliant with both the HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security Rules and is one of the very few online backup services that is ISO 27001 certified and SSAE audited.
Many Great Features
• Millions of files can be backed up including SQL databases, Microsoft Exchange data, SharePoint, Active Directory, Com+ services, Windows Registry database and data on networked drives.
• Open and locked files are supported — all open and locked files can be backed up including Outlook PST files.
• Automatic backups can be run while computers are not in use or backups can be scheduled to be performed daily, weekly or monthly.
• Policies can be set on bandwidth usage and backup speeds, custom backup sets can be created and definitions established as to what file types should be backed up.
• Data can be restored in multiple ways: in-client, online through a web-based console or by DVDs. Files to restore can be very quickly located and you can restore file versions up to 90 days in the past.
• Your information is always encrypted during the backup process and while stored in our service provider’s data centers. An encryption key using 448-bit Blowfish is utilized; or manage your own key using military-grade 256-bit AES to secure your data during storage. All users are authenticated using username and password credentials.
• Data is stored in state-of-the-art data centers which employ the highest security standards. All our service provider’s data centers are surrounded by secure perimeters and staffed 24/7/365 with technology professionals who maintain the highest standards in data protection. Power is conditioned and protected by redundant systems and guaranteed by generators supplied by diesel fuel storage. In addition, multiple network providers service each data center to ensure operation in the event a network carrier fails.
• Back up as many computers as you like. Just buy the storage you want for your business and use it across all your computers.
• Initial backups that are extremely large, even terabytes, are supported through a data shuttle service.
• An optional additional local backup is also supported so that a backup locally to a USB or external drive is performed along with the online backup.
10 Reasons You Need An Online Backup
1. You do not have a consistent strategy for backing up your company’s computers and servers. Not backing up your computer systems opens the door to liabilities and huge losses in revenue and reputation.
2. You want a reliable offsite backup solution that works. Our online backup service combines market leadership in storage solutions with award-winning software so you enjoy worry-free backup.
3. You don’t have weeks or months to roll out a backup solution. We can deploy our service to many users in a fraction of the time it takes to build traditional backup solutions, saving you time and resources.
4. You aren’t willing to compromise security for convenience. Our service uses the highest security standards and offers customers the option of added security by choosing a personal encryption key. All files are transferred using an SSL encryption.
5. You want a set-and-forget backup solution that you don’t have to constantly monitor. We can schedule your backups to run daily, weekly, or monthly, or as frequently as every two hours for near continuous backup; and we will monitor results.
6. Your staff is already overextended. Stop wasting time and money with hardware, stacks of CDs, and traditional tape backup systems. Our service frees up your in-house resources for productive use in core revenue-generating activities.
7. You don’t want to pay for software you aren’t using. Our online backup service is flexible. We’ll help you determine the best solution for your business and eliminate excessive costs.
8. You want a complete backup solution without the hassle. A sound backup strategy involves both a local and an offsite copy of your data. Our service delivers both for Windows users.
9. You’re tired of the headaches associated with backing up remote and branch offices. We manage multi-user environments easily and efficiently so you don’t have to.
10. You have a limited budget to spend on backup. Our backup solutions are affordable, with no hardware to purchase and little, if any, management required by you.
Data loss can occur in any number of ways including:
- Human error
- Computer virus
- Hardware or system failure
- Software corruption
- Theft or security breach
- Natural disaster
The majority of companies surveyed list internal ‘negligence’ as their most common cause of data loss, with 'theft' and 'hardware failure' also featuring as prevalent.
Per research by CompTIA released in February 2012, the data security landscape is more dangerous than ever and the security threat level is on the rise. According to Tim Herbert, Vice President of Research at CompTIA, "Our data suggests that there is no single overriding factor behind this sentiment. Rather, it's a combination of elements that each chip away at information safety and security defenses in some way. Billions of devices connect to the Internet daily, and with each touch point there's a potential for new security vulnerabilities. With more data being produced and touched by more people, the potential for data loss or leakage grows accordingly."
One in five organizations in the CompTIA study reported definitely experiencing the loss of sensitive data in the past 12 months, while 32 percent reported likely data loss. Among companies that experienced such data loss in the past 12 months:
65 percent lost confidential corporate financial data,
52 percent lost confidential employee, such as human resources records,
27 percent lost confidential customer data, such as credit card numbers, and
26 percent lost corporate intellectual property or trade secrets.
Why Online Backup Services Are Replacing Traditional On-Premise Approaches
The challenges with traditional on-premise deployments that lead a company to evaluate and deploy a public cloud backup service are tied to management, cost, and reliability.
On-premise backup strategies should include a best practice where data is moved offsite, typically while resident on removable media such as tape. This introduces several challenges, including security risks, tape collection service costs, and labor in tracking tape media for rotation. Tape budgets need to be updated if data is retained on tape for long periods of time. Use of a cloud-based backup service eliminates the need to use tape for disaster recovery and also eliminates the use of tape collection services.
Backup is a costly proposition for any organization and one that historically has not added strategic value to organizations. The growth in data volumes, which is averaging 52% annually, has a downstream effect on backup. Technologies such as deduplication can help curb growth, but, ultimately, more data needs to be protected. This growth requires investment in additional backup infrastructure, including media, software licenses, tape drives, and media servers. Cloud-based backup offerings operate on a subscription pricing model, allocated out of operating budgets, and eliminate the need for capital infrastructure investment.
The nature of backups in most firms today means a never-ending process of checking for backup successes, troubleshooting failures, planning for capacity upgrades, dealing with performance bottlenecks, and initiating user restores. These routine backup processes require human resources and divert technical talent from more strategic IT projects. Backup to the cloud offerings can offload human resource requirements.
Many on-premise backup processes are not reliable in terms of ensuring that data is recoverable. This is compounded by recovery times that are compressing as business reliance on IT continues to grow. Tier 1 systems may have a recovery time objective (RTO) of zero and thus require failover services, while tier 2 and tier 3 systems may have RTOs and recovery point objectives (RPOs) of hours and minutes, respectively. Most on-premise backup solutions are being rearchitected to offer shorter recovery objectives.
Data Seeding Service
Built to manage loads of data
If you have a server with more than 100 GB of data, the initial upload of that data to the cloud can seem to crawl. That’s why we use data seeding – a faster way to get large amounts of data to our service provider’s data centers.
Big data, faster upload
So how does it work? It’s simple:
1. We order the device and schedule a time to begin the process.
2. We work with you to complete the initial backup.
3. We’ll then ship it to our service provider’s data center.
That’s it! You’ve skipped the initial upload over the wire. Incremental backups can even
occur before the device arrives to our service provider’s data centers, so long as the initial backup to the device is complete.
Safe and Secure
Our service provider takes your data seriously. During the initial backup, your data
is encrypted using either the default key or a personal key of your choice. They will
generate a second encryption key and encrypt your data a second time before transferring any data to the data seeding device. The second key is transmitted to a central repository via SSL and is destroyed after the data is successfully stored in our service provider’s data center. As always, your data is stored at rest in encrypted format.
Maintaining Regulatory Compliance with Our Online Backup Service
Our service uses strict security policies, military-grade encryption, and world-class data centers to protect your information, including:
• Encryption: Your information is always encrypted during the backup process and while stored in the data centers.
• SSL: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
• AES/Blowfish: Choose our service's built-in encryption key using 448-bit Blowfish or manage your own key using military-grade 256-bit AES to secure your data during storage.
• World-class data centers: All data centers employ state of-the-art physical and technical security and are SSAE 16 certified.
• Backed by EMC—with more than $17 billion of revenue, EMC stores and protects more information for the Fortune 500 than any other company.
Our service meets the standards required by the following regulations:
• PCI DSS
• ISO/IEC 27001
• SSAE 16
SCR Managed Online Backups vs. Self-Managed Online Backups
We offer two categories of backups, one that is managed and monitored by us (SCR) and one in which you can manage yourself. Otherwise, the two categories are distinguished only by price, the former being a more expensive service that includes our daily monitoring of your backups to make sure they have succeeded, and if they have not succeeded, our immediate attention to the matter assuming we have remote access to your computer(s). The latter, self-managed solution may be preferable if you are comfortable with this sort of technology and have the time to monitor it or if you have someone on staff with the time and expertise that can handle this for you. Our backup service is very dependable and typically does not require much attention, but it can be affected by the overall health of the computer on which it runs as well as the stability of your Internet connection and your local network. Also, frequent changes to files and directories, particularly the addition and deletion of the latter can lead to the need to re-evaluate what is and is not being backed up to be certain any new critical files and directories are being included.
| SCR Managed Backup
|00001MB – 00249MB = $15/month
00249MB – 00499MB = $20/month
00500MB – 00999MB = $25/month
01000MB – 01499MB = $29/month
01500MB – 01999MB = $33/month
02000MB – 02499MB = $37/month
02500MB – 02999MB = $41/month
03000MB – 03499MB = $44/month
03500MB – 03999MB = $47/month
04000MB – 04499MB = $50/month
04500MB – 04999MB = $52/month
05000MB – 05499MB = $54/month
05500MB – 05999MB = $56/month
06000MB – 06499MB = $58/month
06500MB – 06999MB = $60/month
07000MB – 07999MB = $62/month
08000MB – 09499MB = $64/month
09500MB – 11999MB = $66/month
12000MB – 14999MB = $68/month
15000MB – 19999MB = $70/month
Need more than 20GB managed?
Add 65¢ for each additional GB (1000MB).
Add $5/month if one or more of your
computers to backup are servers.
|000001MB – 010000MB = $12/month
010001MB – 025000MB = $20/month
025001MB – 050000MB = $28/month
050001MB – 100000MB = $40/month
100001MB – 250000MB = $99/month
Need more than 250GB? Please contact us.
Add $5/month if one or more of your
computers to backup are servers.